Privacy & Cookies Policy
Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Spirit Mind Body Books.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Regulation.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and/or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we only process data for the core of our business.
When and how we use your information
We collect information from you when you register on our site; place an order; pay for product; subscribe to the newsletter; leave a comment or review; make and enquiry; respond to a survey or marketing communication; surf the website; fill out a form: – enter information on our site or provide us with feedback on our products or services, such as the contact form; and we may use it in the following ways:
- Process orders quickly, and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (email or phone inquiries)
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
- We use regular Malware Scanning:- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- Off-line storage backups disks.
- Secured PC files.
Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Sharing your information: We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here:
- the right to be informed
- the right of access
- the right to rectification
- the right to erasure
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to data portability
- the right to object and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
You also have the right to complain to the ICO www.ico.org.uk if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
- We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browsers are a little different, look at your browser’s “Help Menu” to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. Or visit here for more cookie information.
If you turn cookies off, it may affect the user’s experience, such as remembering your login details.
Cookies We Use
|wordpress_||session||WordPress cookie for a logged in user.|
|wordpress_test_cookie||session||WordPress sets this cookie when you navigate to the login page. The cookie is used to check whether your web browser is set to allow, or reject cookies.|
|wordpress_logged_in_||session||WordPress cookie for a logged in user|
|PHPSESSID||session||To identify your unique session on the website|
|woocommerce_cart_hash||session||contains information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes.|
|woocommerce_items_in_cart||session||Contains information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes.|
|wp_woocommerce_session_||session||Contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.|
|woocommerce_recently_viewed||session||Shows recently viewed products|
|festi_cart_for_woocommerce_storage||session||Cookie for your cart when shopping.|
|yith-wcwl-products||1 month||Stores information about products you would like to purchase in future.|
Third Party Cookies
|_gat||60 seconds||Google Analytics:-This cookie does not store any user information, it’s just used to limit the number of requests that have to be made to doubleclick.net.|
|_ga||2 years||Google Analytics:-Used to distinguish users.|
|_gid||24 hours||Google Analytics:-Used to distinguish users.|
|_stid||Persistant||Share This:- Its purpose is to associate the User with subjects of interest based on the content that the User visits, consumes and shares when browsing.|
|DSID||2 weeks||Doubleclick: – This cookie is used for re-targeting, optimisation, reporting and attribution of online adverts. To output click here.|
|IDE||2 months||Doubleclick:- This cookie is used for re-targeting, optimisation, reporting and attribution of online adverts. To output click here.|
|NID||6 months||Used by Google to store user preferences and information of Google maps|
|LANG||Session||Twitter.com Remembers the user’s selected language version of a web site|
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commission:
Our website may contain adverts, sponsored and affiliate links on some pages. These are typically served through our advertising partners; Google Adsense or Amazon Affiliates, or are self served through our own means. We only use trusted advertising partners who each have high standards of user privacy and security. However, we do not control the actual adverts seen/displayed by our advertising partners.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website:
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Clickable sponsored or affiliate links may be displayed as a website URL like this: www.spiritmindbody.co.uk or as a titled text link like this: Spirit Mind Body Books or an image that can be clicked.
Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website above. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. In most cases we earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
Email marketing messages & subscription:
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our marketing newsletter mailing list. We only collect minimal data about you in order to send it to the right person.
Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software/applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons/tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences/the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences. You can also unsubscribe from all MailChimp lists, by following this link, otherwise contact the EMS provider.
Our EMS provider is: Mailchimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system:
- First name
- Email address
- I.P address
- Subscription time & date
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can contact us or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email, and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control.
We do not market to children under the age of 13 years old.